By: Kaitlyn Miller
People are eating one meal or less a day….what can I do?
School kids need to be fed….what can I do?
I want to help…but what can I do?
Good news! This problem feels so large; BUT it is not too big for our prayers and actions to matter. God often uses the smallest steps of obedience and faith to change the lives of his people. It is time we take those steps!
Here’s what you can do today to change a life:
Take a child to lunch!
You can set up a table, a Christmas tree, or a bulletin board and offer your friends and family an opportunity to take a child to lunch for just one dollar.
In our store, we have cards you can use to invite your friends and family to join in the fight against hunger. Set up a table, a tree or bulletin board in your workplace, school or church. Encourage friends, family and co-workers to "take a child to lunch" for just $1. They can take the tag with the child's picture home to hang on their Christmas tree.
Having a Christmas party at your home? Set up a mini tree and ask your friends to choose a child to take to lunch. Does your office have a break room? Invite coworkers to take a minute and look at the faces of those who are desperate for a meal. Cooking dinner for a group? Ask the people you have over to donate what they would have spent on a meal elsewhere and take a card.
Our goal for the Take a Child to Lunch project is to raise awareness for our children and the difficult time they are facing during this hungry season. We need to broaden our support base and one way of doing that is to commit to introducing new people to Circle of Hope and the children we care for in Malawi.
Interested? To take this step with us head over to our store and select the number of sets of cards you want. The cards are FREE, a small shipping charge of $3.99 will help us get the cards to you.
We suggest you ask for a $1.00 donation per card. How many lunches can you provide? How many more could you help provide if you opened the opportunity up to those around you?
Other ways to stay engaged:
· Get the word out! We need to tell those around us that our children in Malawi are in desperate need. Use social media, send an email, speak at your church, hand out information, bring it up at dinner: however you do it just remember what a difference it makes if you SHARE.
· Give! Our #feedmalawi page is still up and going. We are excited to see the thermometer rising as we raise money to feed breakfast AND lunch to our school kiddos and address hunger.
· Pray! We know and believe that God answers prayers! We have so many hungry and hurting families in Malawi who need your prayers. Set aside some time today and lift up this need to the Lord.
· Sponsor! Our organization uses sponsorship to reach the children in our Grace Center community. Sponsor a Child today and provide access to education, medical care, TWO hot meals a day, and a direct connection to someone who needs your love!
· Increase your sponsorship! Already sponsor? No problem! We have seen several sponsors increase the base level of their annual or month-to-month sponsorship in order to increase their impact. Prayerfully consider increasing your sponsorship to $35/month. If you need to increase your sponsorship on a recurring pledge through our payment system, call Karen -- 859-858-4535.
We are so thankful for your support, in all forms, that you’ve showered on Circle of Hope! We believe that if each one of us will take the next step God lays on our hearts the children will be fed. Thank you!